Headquartered in Munich, Travian Games GmbH is an established provider in the field of development and commercialization of online games with growing engagement in the mobile market. The midsize company offers gamers worldwide complex and multilayer adventure worlds with a huge game deepness and a high long term motivation. The company's product portfolio is translated into 42 languages and is used therefore all over the world.
For our office in München we are offering a position as a
[Intern for TechSupport] (f/m)
To support our team we are looking for full-time interns (m/f) for at least six months.
YOUR ROLE @ TRAVIAN GAMES:
Tech Support @ Travian Games
At TechSupport you have the following tasks:
- Setup new worlds, update worlds to newer release versions
- 3rd Level Support (3rd being the highest/latest level)
- TechSupport is required to know about our games, our tools and our infrastructure, to assist the other departments in questions that are not familiar to them
You deploy new worlds for our games and help with creating and executing updates for all our worlds. You will work together with game design, development, QA and System Administration to ensure smooth operation of our games. You will be involved in the operations department and thus will get in touch with most technical departments that are involved in creating and operating our games and tools.
As such a TechSupport-internship is the ideal basis for future positions in the games industry. You will learn a lot about quality standards and the day-to-day business of operating complex infrastructures as we operate more than 300 game worlds over all our products.
- Experience and personal interest in browser games, MMO’s and social platforms
- High affinity towards the internet, basic understanding of the different web technologies
- Ability to work independently, very self-motivated
- Knowledge of MySQL and Linux (CentOS/RedHat).
- Good command of German and English (not optional)
- Good communicator
WHY TRAVIAN GAMES?
- We take ownership seriously.
- Less hierarchies, more fun.
- Quality is in our DNA, we aim to be exceptional at what we do.
- Our games are global and provide a long-lasting experience.